At this time of the year our Atelier, in Darien, Connecticut, is usually busy making Couture Gowns for the most discerning women getting ready for dances, summer and fall weddings, and extravagant events.
Since the beginning of this public health crisis, we’ve learned to adapt and transformed our operation, directing all our resources to help create a supply of much needed masks, and frankly to try provide some income for our seamstresses.
The same hands which would skillfully be turning silk, lace and beads into fashion masterpieces, are now creating your unique face masks.
Our face masks are created without Fashion in mind, we create couture face masks to go with every outfit in your closet. Our face masks act as another accessory to elevate your look.
With our masks being made in linen, cotton, and silk there is something for everyone.
Our masks are designed to fit snugly against your face without a built in wire, so there is no risk of poking your eye and mask can be easily washed. With four sizes, two for adults & two for kids, our face masks are bound to fit to your face. No more too small or too loose masks putting you at risk and making you uncomfortable.
- IMPORTANT: check the fit
o If it is too loose; Adjust the width by tying a tighter knot on the ear loops.
o If the mask is too tight; untie the knot on the ear loops, and tie a looser on in its place.
- Mask sure the knots are tight so they do not come undone
- You may pull on the elastic ear loop to hide the knot in the elastic channels of the mask, for a more finished look
- Should the elastic come undone from the mask, reinsert it using: a needle with a large eye, a safety pin, or a special elastic threader which we have instore and are happy to do for you.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer every time before you touch your mask
- Do not touch the front of the mask
- Carefully put on and remove your mask by grasping the ear loops
- Clean your hands once again after touching your mask
- Wash with soap and water by hand; or in a washing machine: on a delicate cycle with similar colors, warm water, and no bleach.
o We recommend placing the mask in a delicates bag or pillowcase when in the washing machine
- Consider using unscented detergent if you are sensitive to perfumes or strong fragrances
- Line/ air dry. DO NOT place in the dryer!
- If you choose you may iron/steam to restore the shape and sterilize further.
- Iron first on the inside, then on the front side
- Wash you face mask after every use
- We recommend having at least two masks on hand to wear so one can be in the wash while you are using the other
- It is crucial for the mask to be fully dry before wearing again
- If a face mask is wet or soiled it should not be worn
- For more information about cleaning your masks, visit the CDC website
- Our masks are handmade by custom dress makers, right in the heart of Darien CT
- They are breathable and made of 100% Natural Fibers (cotton/linen/bamboo fiber/silk)
- Designed per CDC recommendations for non-medical grade face masks
- All masks have been pre-washed to prevent shrinking, and can be washed again and again after creation
- Due to sanitary precaution all masks are final sale and can not be returned